HW 5 – DMCA Essay Draft & YT Video Post #4

Hey there everyone, I wanted to get you all up to date on a few things.

If you are missing any uploads/video posts or haven’t yet turned in your last essay, please do so ASAP. As we get closer to Midterms, I would like to get you your most current grades for preparation.

Please post your YouTube vidcast #4 to this page.

Now that everyone has their theme all worked out, each video should follow that theme. I also encourage you to add more videos (in addition to #4)  that you shoot so that we can discuss them in class.

Create a 1 page (minimum) draft of an essay that will be due in a few weeks.

Using the DMCA and the EFF reading,  choose one of the “Unintended Consequences”  to use for your essay.

In the essay you will use your chosen example to defend either side of the DMCA accusation. Example; If you think that HP was right to use the DMCA to stop ink manufacturers, tell me why? If you think the ink manufacturers were correct in creating their product, tell me why.

This draft is the first step in a more in-depth analysis of the DMCA and your chosen topic.

Also, Please watch the following video below It fits nicely into our reading and class discussion for next week:

http://mashable.com/2009/10/03/leo-laporte-video/

Good luck! Please let me know if you have any questions.

About the Author

Daniel Phelps is an Adjunct Lecturer and Multimedia Facilities Coordinator for the Communications Technology Program at York College.